The D'Youville Athletics Hall of Fame has been created to honor and recognize those individuals involved with the D’Youville Athletics program who distinguished themselves through outstanding achievement in intercollegiate competition and personal endeavors.
Any D’Youville Alumni who have received high recognition for their accomplishments in any varsity sport and/or life’s accomplishments have further enhanced them as a prestigious individual is eligible for nomination. Any non-alumni candidates who have contributed to the enhancements of the D’Youville Athletics program and community may be nominated at any time following their tenure. All nomination forms are due by June 1, 2022, with the inductees announced in September.
Hall of Fame Nominee Criteria
- For former student-athletes, eligibility shall not begin until five years after the class with which the student-athlete entered has graduated from D’Youville College. Non-graduated student-athletes may be considered on an individual basis and must have departed the D’Youville College in good standing.
- For persons other than student-athletes, eligibility shall not begin until five years after departing D’Youville College in good standing.
- For teams to be considered, eligibility shall not begin until five years after an undefeated season or a championship has been won or shared.
Qualifications are evaluated on the following:
- Distinguished performance on the athletics field with integrity and sportsmanship to the team on which that person played or coached, as well as to the College in general.
- Record of outstanding service, beyond athletic accomplishments following graduation.
- Record of outstanding service to the D’Youville Athletics program and community.
- Demonstration of special contributions to the College and its athletic programs or who have distinguished themselves through athletic achievements in their professional career.
- Undefeated Team.
- Conference Championship Won or Shared.
- NCAA Tournament Invite.
Induction Ceremony and Limitation
- The induction ceremony will take place annually during Reunion Weekend.
- The number of inductees/teams will be determined by the Hall of Fame Committee.
Hall of Fame Committee
The Director of Intercollegiate Athletics shall establish the Hall of Fame Committee annually. The committee shall consist of the following members:
- Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Senior Woman Administrator
- Compliance Administrator
- Sports Information Director
- Alumni Engagement Representatives
Should any member resign or otherwise become ineligible during a term, the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics shall appoint a replacement. The selection committee shall meet at least once a year. The committee is to review nominations, select inductees and formulate plans for the induction ceremony and fill any committee vacancies. Each member of the committee is expected to attend the selection meeting and the induction ceremony.
Nominations in writing detailing a nominee’s accomplishment and relevant information can be submitted by anyone. All nominations and supporting materials should be sent to the Director of Athletics and Sports Information Director at D’Youville College. All nomination forms are due by June 1, 2022, with the inductees announced in April. Click here for the nomination form.
Hall of Fame Housing
The D’Youville College Athletics Hall of Fame will be housed in the College Center, as well as online.